This room was used for centuries as the drawing room or audience room of the ducal apartments. Its present name originates from the paintings from the epoch of the ducal heir Wilhelm that were destroyed in the fire of 1961.
Wall painting from the former "Room of the Elements"
After 1961, the remains of the baroque wall painting in another Trausnitz room were transferred here. This painting was produced by Franz Joseph Geiger in around 1679 for Elector Ferdinand Maria of Bavaria. It shows trompe l'oeil architecture and representations of the elements and the senses.
| top |